Consignment for high-end English & Western saddles
We’ll help you sell your saddle with our comprehensive consignment program! We accept high-quality English and Western saddles from all brands.
To make the most of our resources as well as yours, we require that all consignment saddles:
- Be in good-to-excellent condition
- Need no major repair work. Saddles needing minor repairs (e.g. new billets, stitching) will be done at the seller’s expense in our workshop prior to listing
- Be valued at approximately $1000 or more at the time of consignment
Why consign your saddle with DBS?
We provide a unique audience that is actively looking to purchase new and used saddles through our travel clients throughout the Northeast. All consignment saddles are carefully stored in our truck and available for clients to try during saddle fitting appointments. In addition, we extensively market our consignment saddles online through our own site, eBay, Facebook, and other outlets.
We’ll take care of the hassle of selling your saddle – deep cleaning and conditioning, photographing, listing, arranging trials – and ensure your saddle has the best chance to connect with a perfect new home.
The consignment fee is 40% of the final selling price. A listing fee of $40 per saddle is due at the time of consignment. We accept cash, checks, PayPal, and all 4 major credit cards–Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Questions? Visit our Saddle Consignment FAQs for more info!
The consignment process
- Please contact us prior to sending your saddle! You may fill out our consignment inquiry form online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 845-672-9421.
- Please refer to our shipping guidelines to ensure your saddle reaches us safe and sound!
- If you’re local, you may also drop your consignment off at our workshop, 6 Mt Salem Road, Port Jervis, NY 12771, Monday-Friday 9-5.
- We’ll clean, condition, and photograph your saddle, then make a recommendation for a listing price based on the condition of your saddle and others like it available online.
- Once you approve the listing price, we’ll begin marketing your saddle!
- We’ll contact you with all reasonable offers we receive for your saddle. We’ll never accept an offer without your approval.
Questions? Contact us or see our consignment FAQs!