Preparing for your appointment
- Horses should be sound and able to be ridden. Riders should be prepared and able to ride the horse for new/used saddle purchases and for flocking adjustments.
- The average appointment takes about 2 hours. This includes a notated history of rider, saddle, and horse, wither tracings, photos, saddle fit evaluation and/or test riding saddles for purchase.
- To maximize the appointment’s time, horse(s) should be in the barn and groomed (if necessary) prior to the beginning of the appointment time.
- Groups of 2 or more clients per location must be confirmed prior to the appointment time. We are not able to accept “walk-ups” as scheduling for the day is done in advance, and cannot accommodate add-ons.
- Cancellations should be made NO LATER than 48 hours before the appointment.
- We recommend that jumping and eventing clients have a trainer present for new saddle purchases.
Scheduling your appointment
Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. We do not schedule appointments on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Sundays. See our calendar below for current available times and locations.
Stable call, services & travel zones
The stable call fee is calculated by distance and travel time. This appointment fee covers stable call, mileage, saddle fit evaluation, and/or saddle trials for ONE horse in ONE location for ONE person for an approximate 2-hour period. Each additional horse per person is $50. Saddle alterations, on-site flocking, and products are paid for in addition to the stable call fee. The stable call fee is non-refundable. The mileage in the stable call fee has already been divided to account for multiple appointments in the same day. Please see the table below for stable call fees for each travel zone.
|Zone||Distance*||Travel Time||Stable Call fee||Min # of Clients (per day/region)**|
|Zone A||0-25 miles||40-45 minutes||$110||2|
|Zone B||25-50 miles||45 minutes - 1 hour 15 minutes||$125||2-3|
|Zone C||50-75 miles||1 hour 15 minutes - 2 hours+||$140||2-4|
|Zone D||75-125 miles||2-3 hours||$160||2-4|
|Zone E||125-175 miles||3-4 hours||$175||3-5|
|Zone F||175-225 miles||4-5 hours||$190||6-8|
|Zone G||225-300 miles||5 hours+||$215||6-8|
|LONG ISLAND to mid-island||3-4 hours||$195||3-4|
|LONG ISLAND past mid-island to the east||4-5 hours||$215||3-4|
|* Please refer to Saddle Fitting FAQs for more information|
|** Please refer to Saddle Fitting FAQs for more information|
How to find your travel zone
Click the marker for our address in the map below, then click “Directions.” This will open a new window. Enter your barn address or place of boarding to see your distance and travel time. Then, refer to the table above to find your travel zone and stable call fee based on distance and travel time.
All services are paid for in addition to the stable call fee.
We accept cash, checks, PayPal, and all four major credit cards: Visa, Discover, Amex, and Mastercard. The stable call fee, and any additional alterations and products must be paid for on the day of the appointment. Thank you!