Preparing for your saddle fitting appointment
- Horses should be sound and able to be ridden. Riders should be prepared and able to ride the horse for new/used saddle purchases and for flocking adjustments.
- The average appointment takes about 2 hours. This includes a notated history of rider, saddle, and horse, wither tracings, photos, saddle fit evaluation and/or test riding saddles for purchase.
- To maximize the appointment’s time, horse(s) should be in the barn and groomed (if necessary) prior to the beginning of the appointment time.
- Groups of 2 to 6 clients per location must be confirmed prior to the appointment time. We are not able to accept “walk-ups” as scheduling for the day is done in advance.
- Cancellations should be made NO LATER than 48 hours before the appointment. Cancellation fee may be applied.
- We recommend but don’t require that your trainer be present for additional input when trying new saddles for purchase.
Scheduling your appointment
Appointments are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays , and Saturdays. To make your appointment, click the button below and enter your information. We’ll send a confirmation with the closest available dates and times for your area.
Kate will be available in-store for consultations on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays at our Montague, NJ Tack Store & Repair Shop!Request an appointment now
Stable Call Fee
The stable call fee is a single fee that includes payment for saddle fitting services, mileage, and stable visit during your fitting appointment. The fee is non-refundable.
This fee is calculated with a base rate for services, plus distance and travel time. The stable call fee applies to fitting services for one horse and one person during an approximate 2-hour appointment. Each additional horse per person is $50.
There are 3 separate appointment rates for individuals, groups, and programs. Please see the travel zone/stable call fee below for travel distances and the applicable rate for each rate type.
INDIVIDUAL: Single person with one or more horses in one location and no other clients seen at that location. This rate only applies to clients within a 1 hour / 55 mile radius from our location.
REGIONAL GROUP: 2 or more people within 1 hour / 55 mile radius from each other’s location.
BARN GROUP: 2-6 people in one barn on one day.
PROGRAM: Lesson, therapeutic, and academic programs only.
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: As of November 2019, we will no longer be accepting new clients on Long Island or further than 2 hours’ driving distance.
Included with Stable Call:
- Evaluation of your current saddle
- Wither and back tracings
- Discussion of your horse’s back and possible related saddle issues
- Test riding new and used saddles from our mobile unit
Additional Services (Not Included in Stable Call Fee):
- On-site flocking, repair and saddle adjustments
- Wide selection of tack for purchase including girths, leathers, irons, saddle pads, bits, bridles, reins, browbands, and leather care products
Stable Call Fee
|Zone||Distance*||Travel Time||Individual||Regional Group||Barn Group (2-3)||Barn Group (4-6)||Program|
|Zone A||20 miles||30 minutes||$245||$200||$190||$170||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone B||55 miles||1 hour||$295||$220||$210||$180||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone C||65 miles||1 1/2 hour||$230||$215||$185||$155 + $35/horse|
|Zone D||80 miles||1 1/2 hours+||$240||$225||$190||$180 + $35/horse|
|Zone E||120 miles||2 hours||$270||$250||$200||$205 + $35/horse|
|Zone F||155 miles||2 1/2 - 3 hours||$290||$275||$210||$230 + $35/horse|
|* Distance based on starting location is Montague, NJ|
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept new clients located on Long Island or further than 2 hours’ driving distance.
We accept cash, checks, Venmo, PayPal, and all four major credit cards: Visa, Discover, Amex, and Mastercard. The stable call fee, and any additional alterations and products must be paid for on the day of the appointment. Thank you!