Preparing for your saddle fitting appointment
- Horses should be sound and able to be ridden. Riders should be prepared and able to ride the horse for new/used saddle purchases and for flocking adjustments.
- The average appointment takes about 2 hours. This includes a notated history of rider, saddle, and horse, wither tracings, photos, saddle fit evaluation and/or test riding saddles for purchase.
- To maximize the appointment’s time, horse(s) should be in the barn and groomed (if necessary) prior to the beginning of the appointment time.
- Groups of 2 to 6 clients per location must be confirmed prior to the appointment time. We are not able to accept “walk-ups” as scheduling for the day is done in advance.
- Cancellations should be made NO LATER than 48 hours before the appointment. Cancellation fee may be applied.
- We recommend but don’t require that your trainer be present for additional input when trying new saddles for purchase.
Thank you for helping us make the most of our time and yours! Have questions? Contact us or see our Saddle Fitting FAQs!
Scheduling your appointment
Appointments are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays , and Saturdays. To make your appointment, click the button below and enter your information. We’ll send a confirmation with the closest available dates and times for your area.
Kate will be available in-store for consultations on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays at our Montague, NJ Tack Store & Repair Shop!Request an appointment now
Stable Call Fee
The stable call fee is a single fee that includes payment for saddle fitting services, mileage, and stable visit during your fitting appointment. The fee is non-refundable.
This fee is calculated with a base rate for services, plus distance and travel time. The stable call fee applies to fitting services for one horse and one person during an approximate 2-hour appointment. Each additional horse per person is $50.
There are 3 separate appointment rates for individuals, groups, and programs. Please see the travel zone/stable call fee below for travel distances and the applicable rate for each rate type.
INDIVIDUAL: Single person with one or more horses in one location and no other clients seen at that location. This rate only applies to clients within a 1 hour / 55 mile radius from our location.
REGIONAL GROUP: 2 or more people within 1 hour / 55 mile radius from each other’s location.
BARN GROUP: 2-6 people in one barn on one day.
PROGRAM: Lesson, therapeutic, and academic programs only.
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: As of November 2019, we will no longer be accepting new clients on Long Island or further than 2 hours’ driving distance.
Included with Stable Call:
- Evaluation of your current saddle
- Wither and back tracings
- Discussion of your horse’s back and possible related saddle issues
- Test riding new and used saddles from our mobile unit
Additional Services (Not Included in Stable Call Fee):
- On-site flocking, repair and saddle adjustments
- Wide selection of tack for purchase including girths, leathers, irons, saddle pads, bits, bridles, reins, browbands, and leather care products
Stable Call Fee
|Zone||Distance*||Travel Time||Individual||Regional Group||Barn Group (2-3)||Barn Group (4-6)||Program|
|Zone A||20 miles||30 minutes||$245||$200||$190||$170||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone B||55 miles||1 hour||$295||$220||$210||$180||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone C||65 miles||1 1/2 hour||$230||$215||$185||$155 + $35/horse|
|Zone D||80 miles||1 1/2 hours+||$240||$225||$190||$180 + $35/horse|
|Zone E||120 miles||2 hours||$270||$250||$200||$205 + $35/horse|
|Zone F||155 miles||2 1/2 - 3 hours||$290||$275||$210||$230 + $35/horse|
|* Distance based on starting location is Montague, NJ|
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept new clients located on Long Island or further than 2 hours’ driving distance.
We accept cash, checks, Venmo, PayPal, and all four major credit cards: Visa, Discover, Amex, and Mastercard. The stable call fee, and any additional alterations and products must be paid for on the day of the appointment. Thank you!
Questions? Please contact us or visit our Saddle Fitting FAQs!