We're taking precautions to protect ourselves and our clients during the shutdown. Learn more about the changes we've made to our business to help ensure the health and safety of everyone.COVID-19 UPDATE
Preparing for your saddle fitting appointment
- Horses should be sound and able to be ridden. Riders should be prepared and able to ride the horse for new/used saddle purchases and for flocking adjustments.
- The average appointment takes about 2 hours. This includes a notated history of rider, saddle, and horse, wither tracings, photos, saddle fit evaluation and/or test riding saddles for purchase.
- To maximize the appointment’s time, horse(s) should be in the barn and groomed (if necessary) prior to the beginning of the appointment time.
- Groups of 2 or more clients per location must be confirmed prior to the appointment time. We are not able to accept “walk-ups” as scheduling for the day is done in advance, and cannot accommodate add-ons.
- Cancellations should be made NO LATER than 48 hours before the appointment.
- We recommend but don’t require that your trainer be present for additional input when trying new saddles for purchase.
Scheduling your appointment
Appointments are available Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Kate will be available in-store for consultations on Tuesdays and Fridays. To make your appointment, click the button below and enter your information. We’ll send a confirmation with the closest available dates and times for your area.Request an appointment now
Stable Call Fee
The stable call fee is a single fee that includes payment for saddle fitting services, mileage, and stable visit during your fitting appointment. The fee is non-refundable.
This fee is calculated with a base rate for services, plus distance and travel time. The stable call fee applies to fitting services for one horse and one person during an approximate 2-hour appointment. Each additional horse per person is $50.
There are 3 separate appointment rates: for individuals, groups, and programs. Please see the stable call fees for each appointment type and travel zone.
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: As of November 2019, we will no longer be accepting new clients on Long Island or further than 3 hours’ driving distance.
INDIVIDUAL: Single person with one or more horses in one location and no other clients seen at that location.
GROUP: Two or more clients in the same location on the same day.
PROGRAM: Lesson, therapeutic, and academic programs only.
Included with Stable Call:
- Evaluation of your current saddle
- Wither and back tracings
- Discussion of your horse’s back and possible related saddle issues
- Test riding new and used saddles from our mobile unit
Additional Services (Not Included in Stable Call Fee):
- On-site flocking and saddle adjustments
- Wide selection of tack for purchase including girths, leathers, irons, saddle pads, bits, bridles, reins, browbands, and leather care products
Stable Call Fee
|Zone A||0-25 miles||40-45 minutes||$165||$150||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone B||25-55 miles||1 hour||$200||$185||$130 + $35/horse|
|Zone C||55-85 miles||1 1/2 hour||$240||$225||$155 + $35/horse|
|Zone D||85-115 miles||1 1/2 hours+||$275||$260||$180 + $35/horse|
|Zone E||115-145 miles||2 hours||$315||$300||$205 + $35/horse|
|Zone F||145-175 miles||2 1/2 - 3 hours||$350||$335||$230 + $35/horse|
|* Please refer to Saddle Fitting FAQs for more information|
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept new clients located on Long Island or further than 3 hours’ driving distance.