Skip to content
Preparing for your saddle fitting appointment
- Horses should be sound and able to be ridden. Riders should be prepared and able to ride the horse for new/used saddle purchases and for flocking adjustments.
- The average appointment takes about 2 hours. This includes a notated history of rider, saddle, and horse, wither tracings, photos, saddle fit evaluation and/or test riding saddles for purchase.
- To maximize the appointment’s time, horse(s) should be in the barn and groomed (if necessary) prior to the beginning of the appointment time.
- Groups of 2 or more clients per location must be confirmed prior to the appointment time. We are not able to accept “walk-ups” as scheduling for the day is done in advance, and cannot accommodate add-ons.
- Cancellations should be made NO LATER than 48 hours before the appointment.
- We recommend but don’t require that your trainer be present for additional input when trying new saddles for purchase.
Thank you for helping us make the most of our time and yours! Have questions? Contact us or see our Saddle Fitting FAQs!
Scheduling your appointment
Appointments are available Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. We do not schedule appointments on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Sundays. See our calendar below for current available times and locations.
To schedule an appointment, please fill out our Appointment Request Form, call 845-672-9400, or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Stable call, services & travel zones
The stable call fee is calculated by distance and travel time. This fee is non-refundable and covers the stable call, travel and mileage, saddle fit evaluation and/or saddle trials for ONE horse and ONE person for an approximate 2-hour appointment. Each additional horse per person is $50. Appointment rates are adjusted for individuals, groups, and programs. Please see the table below for stable call fees for each travel zone.
INDIVIDUAL: Single person with one or more horses in one location and no other clients seen at that location.
GROUP: Two or more clients in the same location on the same day.
PROGRAM: Lesson, therapeutic, and academic programs only.
How to find your travel zone
Click the marker for our address in the map, then click “Directions.” This will open a new window. Enter your barn address or place of boarding to see your distance and travel time. Then, refer to the table above to find your travel zone and stable call fee based on distance and travel time.
Included with Stable Call:
- Evaluation of your current saddle
- Wither and back tracings
- Discussion of your horse’s back and possible related saddle issues
- Test riding new and used saddles from our mobile unit
Additional Services (Not Included in Stable Call Fee):
- On-site flocking and saddle adjustments
- Wide selection of tack for purchase including girths, leathers, irons, saddle pads, bits, bridles, reins, browbands, and leather care products
We accept cash, checks, PayPal, and all four major credit cards: Visa, Discover, Amex, and Mastercard. The stable call fee, and any additional alterations and products must be paid for on the day of the appointment. Thank you!
Questions? Please contact us or visit our Saddle Fitting FAQs!