We're taking precautions to protect ourselves and our clients during the shutdown. Learn more about the changes we've made to our business to help ensure the health and safety of everyone.COVID-19 UPDATE
What is your saddle trial policy?
New saddle trials are for 5 days, while used saddles may be kept for a full 7 days. Trials begin when the saddle is delivered to you. You’ll need to contact us by the end of the 5th day (for new and demo saddles) or the 7th day (for used saddles) to let us know if you’ll be purchasing or returning the saddle. If we don’t hear from you by the last day of the trial, we’ll try contacting you. Your credit card will be charged in full at close of business on the last day of the trial if we do not receive any further communication.
If you need to meet with a trainer, fitter, or other professional that can’t make it within the trial period, we can usually accommodate an extension. If you would like to request an extension, please make sure to contact us before the last day!
What am I responsible for?
You’ll be responsible for all shipping costs, and any excessive or permanent damage while the saddle is in your care. Excessive damage may include gouges to the leather, significant marking to the saddle, etc. If the saddle is permanently damaged while in your care, you’ll be responsible for the full cost of the saddle.
We do make note of any blemishes or marks on the saddle before shipping; if any damage occurs that will impact the value of the saddle while in your possession, you will be billed at 25% of the asking price as well as repair costs. We’ve only rarely had to make use of this policy, so please help us help you by handling the saddle gently while in your care.
What can I do during the trial?
To make the most of your trial period, please use the saddle as you normally would—take a lesson, hack out, jump, etc! We don’t require the leathers to be wrapped, but we do ask that you take special care not to mark the saddle beyond the condition it was received in. You’ll need to tighten the girth and ride normally to properly assess the fit and feel of the saddle. For English saddles, we recommend using a girth with roller buckles to avoid creasing the leathers.
Used Saddle Trials
- 7 days
- Applies to all used and consignment saddles
- Buyer responsible for all shipping
- Trial extensions are usually available
- Please take special care not to mark the saddle beyond the condition it was received in
New & Demo Saddle Trials
- 5 days
- Applies to all new and demo saddles
- Buyer responsible for all shipping
- Use a girth with roller buckles
- Please remember the saddle is new and take care to return the saddle with as little wear as possible
Setting up your trial
- To set up your trial, please contact us! You can fill out our online saddle trial request form, call 973-552-9546, or email email@example.com.
- We’ll need your full name, shipping and billing address, email, phone, and credit card information for shipping and security. We accept all 4 major cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- You will be charged for shipping only; at this time, we do not place holds for the full purchase amount. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- See the map below to find your shipping zone and total cost of shipping.
- We ship all saddles via UPS. When your saddle ships, you will receive an email with the tracking number via UPS Quantum View Notify. In the unlikely event the saddle is damaged during shipping, please contact us immediately!
Saddle Shipping Zones
NJ, NY, CT, PA, MD, VA, WV, RI, NH, VT, ME
KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, FL
OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, IA, MO, KS, NB, AK, LO, OK, TX, NM
ND, SD, MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ, NV, ID, WA, OR, CA
*Please call for shipping rates to Alaska and Hawaii