Used Saddle Trials
Interested in one of our consignment saddles? We STRONGLY encourage you to take the saddle for a trial before purchase. All saddle sales are final, so trials help us ensure the best fit for both our clients and their horses.
Policies & Procedure
Saddle trials are for 7 days, beginning when the saddle is delivered to you. If you need to meet with a trainer, fitter, or other professional that can’t make it within the trial period, we can usually accommodate an extension—please let us know before the end of the 7th day, however!
During your trial
To make the most of your trial period, please use the saddle as you normally would—take a lesson, hack out, jump, etc! We don’t require the leathers to be wrapped, but we do ask that you take special care not to mark the saddle beyond the condition it was received in. We do make note of any blemishes or marks on the saddle before shipping; if any damage occurs that will impact the value of the saddle while in your possession, you will be billed at 25% of the asking price as well as repair costs. We’ve only rarely had to make use of this policy, so please help us help you by handling the saddle gently while in your care.
You can view our detailed used saddle trial policy here. We’ll also include a printed version when your saddle ships!
Setting up your trial
- To set up your trial, please contact us! You can fill out our online saddle trial request form, call 845-672-9421, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll need your full name, shipping and billing address, email, phone, and credit card information for shipping and security. We accept all 4 major cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- You will be charged for shipping only; at this time, we do not place holds for the full purchase amount*. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- See the map below to find your shipping zone and total cost of shipping.
- We ship all saddles via UPS. When your saddle ships, you will receive an email with the tracking number via UPS Quantum View Notify. In the unlikely event the saddle is damaged during shipping, please contact us immediately!
Not sure which saddle is right for you?
If you’re within our travelling area, we can bring the saddles to you! Schedule a saddle fitting with Kate Wilson.